How do I locate a water/sewer line?

Call Tennessee One Call at 800-351-1111 and/or contact the Engineering Department's Office for more information.

One of the most important functions of the Engineering Department is the administration of the Tennessee One Call (TNOC) program. The Tennessee One Call System, Inc. (TOC) is a computerized information center located in Nashville which establishes a communication link between excavators and those who operate underground facilities (operators) in Tennessee. The Tennessee Code requires anyone who engages in, or is responsible for, the planning or performance of any type of excavation to provide at least three working days advance notice and not more than ten working days notice to underground facility owners who may be affected by the excavation.

Show All Answers

1. How long does it take to receive a check for an easement?
2. How do I get added to the bid list?
3. What is the process for becoming a vendor?
4. How do I locate a water/sewer line?
5. If a utility is not in an area how can it be made available to a property and who do I contact?
6. If a utility is in an area but not connected to the property how can it be made available and who do I contact?
7. If a utility is in the process of being installed in a neighborhood, how do I find out who is the Project Manager?
8. What are the fees for connection to utilities?
9. I am looking to purchase property outside the city limits, who will provide my utilities?